The Chamber Music Connection (CMC), located in Worthington, Ohio, provides an environment where student musicians (age 7 to 70) realize their potential and flourish. Studying and performing with local and nationally acclaimed musicians, while connecting with peers in small ensembles, the musicians who come to CMC grow both musically and personally. Leadership, responsibility, and cooperation are learned small ensembles where each person must play a different musical part. Students are grouped together based on many factors: age, musical ability, and their potential to learn from (and teach) each other. They must collaborate to achieve their musical goals. Musical mentors, including local pedagogues, members of the Columbus and New Albany Symphonies, university music professors from Denison, CIM, and Baldwin Wallace, and visiting chamber music artists performing at the Southern Theatre, coach the student groups in learning to play together and creatively discover their own musical ideas. CMC is a place where people, music, and life connect.
Latest CMC News
- Winter Chamber Orchestra Concert Solos now up on Youtube
- Ensemble Finale Concerts, Saturday, March 8, 1:00pm & 4:00pm
- 7:30 Friday, Feb 28, CMC Chamber Orchestras in Concert, Sr. Soloists Feature!
- Stephanie Price, CMC Alumna & Associated Faculty Performs Sunday with Hector Garcia, CMC Board President!
- Constance E. Barrett, 1961-2013
CMC performances are free* and open to the public, including The Conservatory Series concerts featuring advanced CMC students, alumni, and professional artists will be scheduled throughout the season.