CMC’s participants are consistently top prize winners at the most prestigious chamber music competitions in the United States. CMC provides educational and financial support to student ensembles entering competitions at the local/state and national levels.
The process of competing helps students build:
- Confidence and discipline
- Friendships (within their ensemble, CMC, and the broader music community across the country, with peers as well as with potential mentors)
- Knowledge of music
- A resume for college applications
Interested in competing?
A Local, National and International Organization
Our students can be heard in major competitions, in the media, and on tour throughout the world.
- NPR’s From The Top
- Midwest Young Artists Discover National Chamber Music Competition, Ravinia, Chicago, IL
- Coltman National Chamber Music Competition, Austin, TX
- St. Paul String Quartet Competition, St. Paul, MN
- Fischoff National Chamber Music Competition, University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN
- Caroga Arts Collective
- 2006 – CMC Supplemental Program in Austria, Salzburg, and Czech Republic
- 2010 – CMC Supplemental Program in Bonefro and Rome Italy
- 2017 – CMC Supplemental Program in Nyon, Benigns, and Geneva Switzerland